Recipe search doesn't seem to work ...

When I type in the title of a recipe, or the main ingredient, I get "no result"

asked by wssmom about 7 years ago

It seems to be working for me, but only to find recipes that have a food52 staff photo attached. So my search for soup returned only about two dozen recipes. Patience is a virtue. ;o)

wssmom

@AntoniaJames thanks, that explains a great deal.

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

To expand your search, you can "x" out the "Top Recipes" filter at the top left corner of the recipe search page.

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

This "Top Recipes" feature is automatically applied to a search. I searched soups for you AJ, just as an example.

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

I deleted the "Top Recipes" filter and instead of 24 recipes, you get 300.

Kmucci, is this just a workaround? It took me several tries to reproduce what you illustrated in your last answer. I worry that newcomers to the site will not have any idea that there are at least 500 soup recipes, and not just 24. ;o)

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

It is a workaround until we get recipe sorting to work properly. Hopefully soon!