🔕 🔔

Do we have a favorite gluten-free cookbook that might be nice for a gluten-free baker? For the holidays?

Anyone?

asked by ENunn almost 4 years ago

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

Some of my favorites: anything from Gluten Free Girl, Shauna Ahern; Gluten-Free on a Shoestring; or Gluten-Free Baking by the CIA.

Another thoughtful gift for a GF baker: an assortment of GF AP flours. Bob's Red Mill has one; there's Pamela's; King Arthur and Cup-4-cup are all possibilities. They all perform differently (slightly different taste and texture results), so it could be fun baking to try them (I once did side-by-side taste testing with each in my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. The only difference in the recipe was the flour used and the results were noticeably different).

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

I know that there are a lot of gluten free cookbooks out there. If you use Thomas Keller's "Cup4Cup" gluten free flour, you can make anything without having to fuss with a special cookbook.

Against All Grain by Danielle Walker is one of my favorite cookbooks. It was just released this year and everything I have made has been delicious.

I really like "Gluten-Free Baking" from Rebecca Reilly. Excellent shortbread cookies, and everything I've made from this book has turned out really good.