🔕 🔔

how can I remove small pieces of cherry stones that were inadvertantly mixed into preserves I made?
thank you

asked by esther gregg almost 7 years ago

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

If you have a sieve you can press the preserve through the sieve leaving the stones in the sieve and seperating the preserve in to a recieving dish.

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Sieve it! DonnyG is right on. The sieve will allow for a smoother and stone-free preserve.

Were the stones present in the heating of the preserve? If so, you may find that the flavor is a little deeper and more complex than you might have anticipated.

The reason I ask is that the pit of the sour cherry is what is used to make the liqueur Amaretto, so you might find this sort of almondy dimension to your preserves which, in my opinion, would be quite nice.

Just curious.