Should I offer a cocktail menu at the bar?

Help us build our Holiday iPad app. Share your tried and true holiday entertaining tips.

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

asked about 7 years ago

I'm with HLA and SKK, no menu offer a few mixed drinks, wine and beer.

Wine, beer, champagne or prosecco and maybe a premixed cocktail in a big jug or two. Or three. However, I also have a bottle of bourbon, vodka, etc. on hand, if anyone really prefers - I just don't put them out on the bar, so they're not the default. Also OJ, cranberry juice, tonic, etc. for both non-drinkers and those who really crave, say, a vodka tonic. Big bowls of cut up lemons/limes too. I leave anything involving an entire menu to the pro's.

ATG117

I agree with having one signature cocktail. simple and elegant.

Helen's All Night Diner

Yup, I vote for just one simple elegant cocktail...

Bevi

I also vote for one cocktail you can make in advance, along with something fizzy, another wine, and beer.