🔕 🔔

Where do you usually buy your pecans and walnuts? Tis the season and I am considering a mail order for the freshest and least expensive nuts

asked by Robin O'D about 6 years ago

46f6311f f672 43ea 9f6b b2f1d78382dd  baby pnut

Costco....walnuts 3#s, $11, Pecans 2#s $12 or around there.

D1964e69 bde7 422d 9621 9d8c1f7bc3cf  newliztoqueicon 2

Gosh, Pnutsmom beat me to it - Costco, definitely, and I store them in the freezer. Because I use so many in my Scottish Toffee over the holidays, I chop them first in the processor and freeze them in one-cup portions.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I buy them in bulk at my local Coop, and Whole Food's has them in bulk also and sometimes has sales. Also, amazon.com has them under food and you can get some really good buys.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Sam's Club - same pricing as Costco. Also, 3# of whole almonds for $12, and recently I bought a big bag of pignoli there; can't remember exact price - already transferred them to a plastic container in the freezer, so no label to check - 22 or 24 oz. for $15. (Saw them at the regular market recently, 3 oz. for $10.)

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

Trader joes is also a great deal

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Costco or Trader Joe's.