Last week's finds that tickled your fancy the most. Shop best-sellers »
🔕 🔔

Will the marinade burn if I'm using skinless bone-in thighs? I was wondering if I needed to wipe it off. cooking in a cast iron skillet

asked by rayva over 5 years ago
B1ff7c6d 1bd4 41c2 a1a7 c1080efe383f  cathybarrow allrecipes e 2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

If the marinade is highly acidic it may react with the cast iron and scorch

8c848bd6 b952 44c4 93c3 bc8465a6fd74  phone 176

Cook it at a moderate high heat. If it has sugar in it, it could burn. You should wipe it off so the liquid doesn't keep your chicken from browning. Put the skillet in a hot oven at about 400 to finish. If you try to finish it on the stove, the outside could burn before the inside is cooked.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

No, no. This recipe was developed with cast iron in mind. See the other half of rayva's question, which somehow got split. She should cut down on cooking time and keep a watch.