🔕 🔔

Can't Upload Image

I am trying to add a photo to my recipe - it is under 2 mg but the site keeps telling me it is too large ... am I the only one???

asked almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I have had the same problem repeatedly. Sometimes it will load other times it won't no matter if I change the size.

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

I also had the same problem. For reasons unclear to me, re-saving the file as a '.gif' instead of a '.jpeg' seemed to solve the problem. Maybe give that a whirl?

My image was under 2 MB but was sitill unable to load,I have a mac using iphoto and was able to contrain and change the image size to 1024x768 and that worked yesterday. Don't know if that will work today but give it a try if you can.

Wish we had edit it's constrain not contrain.

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Hi all -- this seems to be an issue for a number of people, and it's on the list of things for our developers to look into. In the meantime, the good news is your photos can be quite small and still look great online (and actually we'd prefer it -- it helps keep things speedy!). The photo size on our articles and recipe pages is currently 566 pixels across -- it needn't be bigger than that. Thanks for your patience!

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

SUCCESS! I resized and now it is loaded ... I didn't know all of that pixel wizardry ... kinda like magic!!