A question about a recipe: IRISH BUTTER SHORTBREADS

4bdfc354 6669 4817 ac03 49246e49d468  1425

I have a question about the recipe "IRISH BUTTER SHORTBREADS" from Rachel Gaffney. Doesn't having butter in the ingredients preclude it from being vegan? It came up in the vegan search. Confusion between vegan and vegetarian?

asked by sweetE over 6 years ago

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

You're right, vegans are vegetarians, but not all vegetarians are vegan.
Butter is not an option for vegans.
No dairy, no eggs. Some won't eat honey.

Rachel Gaffney

I don't know why it appeared there. I simply posted the recipe. It does indeed have butter in there. Not sure why it appeared there. Perhaps FOOD 52 will be able to help.

Phoenix Helix

Food52 Interns this summer took on the project of tagging recipes. Unfortunately, many of their tags were in error. My understanding is that recipe authors can remove tags that were added in error, through the recipe edit function.