🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: IRISH BUTTER SHORTBREADS

4bdfc354 6669 4817 ac03 49246e49d468  1425

I have a question about the recipe "IRISH BUTTER SHORTBREADS" from Rachel Gaffney. Doesn't having butter in the ingredients preclude it from being vegan? It came up in the vegan search. Confusion between vegan and vegetarian?

asked by sweetE about 6 years ago

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

You're right, vegans are vegetarians, but not all vegetarians are vegan.
Butter is not an option for vegans.
No dairy, no eggs. Some won't eat honey.

8f7c3cf2 ee11 4057 a3da 035008936e64  rachel and martha

I don't know why it appeared there. I simply posted the recipe. It does indeed have butter in there. Not sure why it appeared there. Perhaps FOOD 52 will be able to help.

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

Food52 Interns this summer took on the project of tagging recipes. Unfortunately, many of their tags were in error. My understanding is that recipe authors can remove tags that were added in error, through the recipe edit function.