What is the best and easiest way to open a whole fresh coconut? I want to make ribbon rice tomorrow which calls for fresh coconut.

asked by Sagegreen over 8 years ago

For opening a coconut, this is the method I usually use: http://www.howtoopenacoconut.com/ If, after opening the coconut, you still have trouble releasing the meat from the shell, you can place the pieces of coconut on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.

Sagegreen

Thanks! Great help.

pauljoseph

EASIEST WAY TO OPEN A COCONUT

http://www.kitchendaily.com/2010/08/09/how-to-open-a-coconut/
we always open the coconut like this and we participated a video show at CIA NAPA long back with the food writer Janet Fletcher

sygyzy

Power drill and a kitchen towel.

mr.ikslopot

PaulJoseph's method is the only way. Chef's knife is one of the greatest investments ever.