What do you call the zest of an orange when you zest it in strips - but not wide strips, just thin strings.... (not grated)?

Sasha (Global Table Adventure)


vvvanessa November 13, 2011
i would call them thin strips of zest.
Sasha (. November 12, 2011
Thanks! I'm writing a recipe and I have a tool that makes the little strips, which would measure out differently than grated - so I just wanted to be clear. Sounds like slivers is the way to go.
SKK November 12, 2011
sdebrango November 12, 2011
I have a tool that cuts thin strips of zest it has multiple holes on the end, its just called a zester to my knowledge. I think there are just different ways of zesting
sdebrango November 12, 2011
Zester Black Handle
Item #: r25241
Classic zester cuts thin slivers of lemon, lime, and orange peel. Essential tool for stripping beautiful and flavorful citrus zest. Stainless steel zester with plastic handle.
sdebrango November 12, 2011
Add your answer here
sdebrango November 12, 2011
I tried to add a picture but it didn't work. Sorry.
Panfusine November 12, 2011
julienne?? or chiffonade (although that term seems to be mostly applied to herby leaves)
Recommended by Food52