🔕 🔔

What do you call the zest of an orange when you zest it in strips - but not wide strips, just thin strings.... (not grated)?

asked by Sasha (Global Table Adventure) over 6 years ago

Panfusine

julienne?? or chiffonade (although that term seems to be mostly applied to herby leaves)

I have a tool that cuts thin strips of zest it has multiple holes on the end, its just called a zester to my knowledge. I think there are just different ways of zesting

Zester Black Handle
Item #: r25241
Classic zester cuts thin slivers of lemon, lime, and orange peel. Essential tool for stripping beautiful and flavorful citrus zest. Stainless steel zester with plastic handle.

Add your answer here

I tried to add a picture but it didn't work. Sorry.

Slivers

Sasha (Global Table Adventure)

Thanks! I'm writing a recipe and I have a tool that makes the little strips, which would measure out differently than grated - so I just wanted to be clear. Sounds like slivers is the way to go.

vvvanessa

i would call them thin strips of zest.