New to the site-looking for more recipes using "buckwheat honey"--besides the short ribs & salmon & squash dish already on the site.

Want to make more use of this special honey--never used before.
Thank you,June Lee

asked by JuneLee almost 7 years ago

I'd try it with this recipe, in place of the thyme honey. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

JuneLee

We are meat eaters ,love to try buckwheat honey with various meats or fish. Thank you for such a speedy response--Love FOOD52! JuneLee

Try just entering honey in the search field and see what crops up!

type "buckwheat + honey" into the search engine.

Buckwheat honey can be used anwhere you use regular honey. The difference is that buckwheat honey has more (stronger) flavor. Take a little taste of the honey and imagine how that would go with the flavor of a recipe. The chemistry -- for baking in particular -- would be the same. I like to use the assertive honeys in an old fashioned honey cake.

Agree with susan g; it's very assertive (buckwheaty-tasting!). Beefy dishes would probably work very well. I might try it in a Moroccan beef with apples and honey (Paula Wolfert recipe from her book, Couscous and other Good Foods from Morocco). I like susan g's idea of using it in honey cake...