A question about a recipe: Misoyaki Roast Chicken with Shoyu Onion Sauce

Fb994484 4904 4310 a422 96b1552cb2f5  2016 1019 if you care weeknight roasts contest theme mark weinberg 303

Can I use a different kind of miso? I have Mellow White Miso on hand...

asked by LisaCooks about 7 years ago

White, yellow, miso is less savory than red. Red is more for fall/winter dishes.

To compensate..you might use more soy sauce in the mix. Replacing 1/2 of the mirin/miso liquid with soy sauce. And perhaps adding a some sherry and a tsp of sugar to make up for the substitution.

LisaCooks

Thanks! Also, I noticed that in the comments section of the recipe, he states that white miso would work just as well.