🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Winter wine cordial

02cafc79 29e5 4e0e b41d 304a9f9df991  dscn6541

I have a question about the recipe "Winter wine cordial" from Sagegreen. I'm not familiar with "Mirto". What is the flavor profile?

asked by lorigoldsby almost 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

It's a Sardinian liqueur made with myrtle berries. Here's a link if you want to make your own (haha). http://honest-food.net...
Maybe sub elderberry liqueur? Or blackberry brandy?

D6706402 eb96 499d a671 b2e90db25df9  bike2

Mirto rosso made from the myrtle berries is both red and sweet; that is what I have used here. Mirto blanco is made from the leaves. You can order mirto online if yours is one of the states which permits alcohol to be delivered. I love the complexity of it.