🔕 🔔

Should I bake Thanksgiving rolls ahead of time and freeze or bake them Wednesday, cover, and store at room temp. overnight?

asked by pamelalee almost 6 years ago

Make the dough and freeze ahead of time. On Wed move to refrigerator and bake them the day of.

If you don't have time or oven space to bake day of, I would do the former.

7b500f1f 3219 4d49 8161 e2fc340b2798  flower bee

They really are the best when they are warm and fresh, and have their own niche in the cooking chain on Thanksgiving, but here are a few points of advice: If you are able to make the dough on Wednesday night, let it do a slow rise in the refrigerator overnight. Shape them in between other things on Thursday and bake. You could make the second rise a cold one with them already shaped, but there is a chance they will rise too much,and either be compromised in texture or worse, deflate.If you are unable to do that, then I'd make the dough very early on wednesday, shape them and arrange in the pan you plan to bake them in allowing space in between. Cover them well with plastic and let them rise a second time about half way, then freeze. Take them out of the freezer early morning on Thursday,and put them in the warmest place in the kitchen. When they have risen fully and filled the empty place in between, you can bake them or you can put them back in the fridge for a little longer. Hope this helps some. If you must bake early and just reheat later, spraying them lightly with water before they go in the oven is beneficial.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Droplet, this is one of those questions I can never find an answer to, so I end up baking at the last minute and making myself crazy. This is such a great answer. Thank you!