I am asking for a programmable crock pot for Christmas. Any suggestions for a brand or a certain crock pot or features I should look for?

asked by rldougherty over 6 years ago

broccolirose
broccolirose

Natalie is a recipe tester for Food52.

I don't have one myself, but if you search "crock pot programmable" on Amazon you can read the reviews of the different brands.

rldougherty

I read quite a few and opted to stay away from the Hamilton Beach brand. However, the models I am considering are brand new. It seems many of them just randomly shut off while cooking and I was hoping some cooks on here had some experience.

I have the All-Clad Deluxe; programmable and allows you to use the ceramic insert on the stove top for browning beef, etc. Pricey, but I've been thrilled with it for 2+ years.

I just looked at Williams-Sonoma here is the link:
http://www.williams-sonoma...
Lots on sale, prices look pretty good to me. They have the one sexyLAMBCHOPx is referring to. I am tempted to get one.