🔕 🔔

Can Gingered Cranberry Fig Chutney be canned?

Bd5b28bb c29c 49af 8bee d9f20d590004  chutney

Can this recipe be canned? And if so, what kind of headspace is needed for a half-pint jar and how long should it go in a rolling water bath?

asked by TheBack40 almost 6 years ago

7de1be53 97f2 4599 9d8c 718bbeec2110  steve dunn02

I wish I could tell you, but I haven't yet tried it myself. I imagine 10 minutes in a rolling boil bath with 1/2" headspace would be fine, but as I've never tried it I can't guarantee success. One of the things I like most about this recipe is the freshness of the chopped nuts and minced thyme, and I DO wonder what canning would do to those flavors and the crunch of the nuts. I'd love to hear how it turns out if you decide to give it a try. - S