Can Gingered Cranberry Fig Chutney be canned?

0ad27797 68a3 485e a170 7db90666775d  2018 1109 gingered cranberry fig chutney 3x2 rocky luten 048

Can this recipe be canned? And if so, what kind of headspace is needed for a half-pint jar and how long should it go in a rolling water bath?

asked by TheBack40 almost 7 years ago

Oui, Chef

I wish I could tell you, but I haven't yet tried it myself. I imagine 10 minutes in a rolling boil bath with 1/2" headspace would be fine, but as I've never tried it I can't guarantee success. One of the things I like most about this recipe is the freshness of the chopped nuts and minced thyme, and I DO wonder what canning would do to those flavors and the crunch of the nuts. I'd love to hear how it turns out if you decide to give it a try. - S