A question about a recipe: Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies

I have a question about the ingredient "2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter" on the recipe "Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. Just wanted to make sure, is it two quarters, or two whole and a quarter sticks? Thanks! :)

30dc0b3c cdb0 418f 9a20 6202efef6234  2018 0712 double chocolate espresso cookies 3x2 rocky luten 017
Recipe question for: Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies

flgal
flgal November 26, 2011

The recipe clearly states 2 1/4 sticks of butter!

seeifyouswim
seeifyouswim November 26, 2011

Yes, I read that. I don't bake a lot, so I was confused. Since the butter I have comes in individually wrapped 1/4 sticks, I wasn't sure if I needed to use two of those, or nine (to total 2.25 sticks). I'm guessing it's the latter, then. That just seems like a lot of butter.

sdebrango November 26, 2011

2 1/4 sticks is not too much for this recipe. My chocolate chip cookie recipe uses two whole sticks or 8 oz of butter. Don't worry its sometimes hard to know exactly what is meant, sometimes it makes it easier if you use weight measurements it makes it a little easier to understand. This is a fantastic recipe, I know you will enjoy!

seeifyouswim
seeifyouswim November 26, 2011

Thank you for actually answering my question! :)

sdebrango November 26, 2011

Let us know how they turn out! You are welcome!

seeifyouswim
seeifyouswim November 26, 2011

Add your answer here

seeifyouswim
seeifyouswim November 26, 2011

Whoops, Ignore that. Was trying to only submit the "no need to email me as answers are added" thing. My apologies for being a noob.