Has anyone tried to ship a flourless chocolate torte?

Curious how it keeps at room temperature, assuming 3 days shipping time.

asked by Blissful Baker almost 7 years ago

ATG117

I'd be weary, unless you were overnighting it. I usually keep my chocolate torte in the refrigerator, and if I was going to leave it out, I would not keep it out for more than two days. I'd think candy, chocolate bark, truffles, or cookies would be a better bet.

Blissful Baker

That was my fear. I just loooooove chocolate tortes, but you're right that chocolate bark would be wiser. Thanks!

Droplet

I think that even if you were to package it very well with plenty of padding, it's still going to be "dropped" harder than it's delicate texture can take and that will ruin it. Most likely it will be very compacted when it arrives, and no longer be what a flourless cake is. Sorry.