🔕 🔔

Any tips on how to ship breads & similar perishables..

Just wondering how well they keep and for how long & if I need to stick any icepacks in..

asked by Panfusine almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I recently shipped cookies USPS 2-3 day and the recipients said they were still fresh. Not sure about bread but would be wary of icepacks unless you are shipping overnight they will melt.

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

A vacuum packer is your dearest friend! The only problems I've run into using it to pack up baked goods are if the item in question is someone squishy. Cookies do better than muffins - that sort of thing. Still, there's nothing that can beat it for keeping homecooked goodies fresh during travel. And I'm talking serious travel times here - had cookies last the three week travel time to a deployed cousin... Good luck! Would second sdebrango to beware the icepack. Melted water (or condensation) will probably cause problems no matter how well you are able to wrap the items.