🔕 🔔

I have dark molasses and Lyles syrup. Can I use either of these or even combination?A question about a recipe: Slightly Savory Pan de Higo?

I have a question about the ingredient "1 tablespoon regular molasses" on the recipe "Slightly Savory Pan de Higo" from AntoniaJames.

Am I better off getting some regular molasses?

asked by healthierkitchen almost 6 years ago

Is the dark molasses actually a blackstrap molasses? Even if it's the latter, if you like the bitter notes, go ahead and use it. Or, your suggestion to combine with Lyle's golden syrup would work well, too! And if it's not blackstrap, use it full strength, but use about 1/3 less of it. Have fun!!! ;o) P.S. I'm so glad you want to make this!

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

Thanks for the speedy response! I have all the ingredients out and ready so I will make it shortly. It is a blackstrap molasses so I think I will mix with Lyle's. It was so delicious when I had Sally's at the Food52 book launch party!

Thanks, HK! I bet the cheese was pretty good, too. ;o)

Absolutely! You and sallycan are both very talented!