I have dark molasses and Lyles syrup. Can I use either of these or even combination?A question about a recipe: Slightly Savory Pan de Higo?

I have a question about the ingredient "1 tablespoon regular molasses" on the recipe "Slightly Savory Pan de Higo" from AntoniaJames.

Am I better off getting some regular molasses?

AntoniaJames December 4, 2011

Is the dark molasses actually a blackstrap molasses? Even if it's the latter, if you like the bitter notes, go ahead and use it. Or, your suggestion to combine with Lyle's golden syrup would work well, too! And if it's not blackstrap, use it full strength, but use about 1/3 less of it. Have fun!!! ;o) P.S. I'm so glad you want to make this!

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen December 4, 2011

Thanks for the speedy response! I have all the ingredients out and ready so I will make it shortly. It is a blackstrap molasses so I think I will mix with Lyle's. It was so delicious when I had Sally's at the Food52 book launch party!

AntoniaJames December 4, 2011

Thanks, HK! I bet the cheese was pretty good, too. ;o)

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen December 4, 2011

Absolutely! You and sallycan are both very talented!