Turkey Thighs/Legs

What temperature and for how long would be the best for roasting these? I did the Judy Bird dry brine......

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

asked about 7 years ago

325 until done :-) Kidding - we "Judy Birded" 18 legs and the smoked them for T-Day - I think you will need to use a thermometer and check them - they should be 165 degrees and my guess would be an hour to an hour and a half depending on your oven.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Thanks!

bigpan

Yes, use a thermometer. Bake skin up and use some chicken broth (low salt) to baste as you will not get as much drippings as with a whole bird. If the meat is done and skin not crispy enough put under broiler for a few watchful minutes. You can cook anywhere between 275 and 325 - just watch the thermometer.