Turkey Thighs/Legs

What temperature and for how long would be the best for roasting these? I did the Judy Bird dry brine......

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 7 years ago

325 until done :-) Kidding - we "Judy Birded" 18 legs and the smoked them for T-Day - I think you will need to use a thermometer and check them - they should be 165 degrees and my guess would be an hour to an hour and a half depending on your oven.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Thanks!

bigpan

Yes, use a thermometer. Bake skin up and use some chicken broth (low salt) to baste as you will not get as much drippings as with a whole bird. If the meat is done and skin not crispy enough put under broiler for a few watchful minutes. You can cook anywhere between 275 and 325 - just watch the thermometer.

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks