If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It happens every Christmas, more and more often: a friend or a family member has become vegetarian or even vegan. Of course, one can eat from the many goodies on Christmas lunch like baked potatoes that are always baked on a different tray than the turkey, several salads with mixed green and pomegranate, even the side dish apple puree. But our wonderful stuffing is certainly a no-no.Nut last year, I decided to make an extra vegetarian stuffing that it doesn't even need a bird to be cooked in.
It can be modified for vegans do, if they omit the cream. It tastes equally good.
This special Christmas stuffing is also gluten-free if one can find mushrooms grown in gluten-free environment.
This special stuffing is excellent with past.
Merry Christmas —Cookingly Yours
- 400gr mushrooms (portobello or other kind)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic glove
- 25gr pine nuts
- 100gr chestnuts cooked and skinned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine or 3 tbs white wine
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 100 milliliters fluid cream
- salt, ground black pepper
- Clean the mushrooms and cuts them in thick slices.
- Roast the pine nuts in a non-stick pan for one minute.
- Chop the onion and the garlic.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the mushrooms and let them cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and stir.
- After some minutes, add both nuts, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir and let all ingredients cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Marsala (or white) wine and let it evaporate.
- Finally add the cream and blend it with all ingredients.
- When cream turns brown, remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with some chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve warm.