Author Notes: A sauce in spring green that goes with everything from asparagus to salmon to Easter hams and lambs (and the perfect place to put those leftover hard-boiled eggs). Adapted slightly from The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook (Workman, 1985). —Genius Recipes
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 3 scallions (green onions, white and green parts), sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- Mince the parsley, scallions, and dill in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the anchovies, garlic, capers, and lemon juice. Process until smooth. With the machine running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove to a serving bowl and stir in the eggs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!