If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
I created this on the fly. The addition of a small amount of cream cheese and heavy cream gives it body without making it too heavy. I'm looking forward to making it again.
I created this on the fly. The addition of a small amount of cream cheese and heavy cream gives it body without making it too heavy. I'm looking forward to making it again.—Danielle
Serves: 4 to 6
slices thick cut bacon, julienned
large shallot, quartered and then thinly sliced
oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
cup pine nuts
salt & pepper to taste
clove garlic, minced
splashes of white wine or chicken broth to de-glaze pan (1-2 TBS)
bag shaved Brussels Sprouts
tablespoon chive cream cheese
tablespoons heavy cream
tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fry bacon strips in skillet (cast iron if you've got it) until crisp. Remove crisp bacon with slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to bacon grease. Season with salt & pepper. Saute until shallots start to soften, about 3 mintues.
- Add pine nuts and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- De-glaze pan with wine or broth and scrape up all the brown bits on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and saute for 2 minutes. Cover skillet and let steam for 5 minutes. While it's steaming, mix the cream cheese and heavy cream together.
- Add bacon and cream mixture to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve.