I created this on the fly. The addition of a small amount of cream cheese and heavy cream gives it body without making it too heavy. I'm looking forward to making it again. —Danielle
- Serves 4 to 6
slices thick cut bacon, julienned
large shallot, quartered and then thinly sliced
oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
salt & pepper to taste
clove garlic, minced
of white wine or chicken broth to de-glaze pan (1-2 TBS)
bag shaved Brussels Sprouts
chive cream cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
In This Recipe
- Fry bacon strips in skillet (cast iron if you've got it) until crisp. Remove crisp bacon with slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to bacon grease. Season with salt & pepper. Saute until shallots start to soften, about 3 mintues.
- Add pine nuts and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- De-glaze pan with wine or broth and scrape up all the brown bits on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and saute for 2 minutes. Cover skillet and let steam for 5 minutes. While it's steaming, mix the cream cheese and heavy cream together.
- Add bacon and cream mixture to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve.