If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from our Vegetarian Cooking Series at the New School of Cooking in Culver City, California, and is always a huge hit in class. —Tara Redfield
Food52 Review: Everything about the salad was perfect! The peppery notes from arugula, the anise flavors from fennel and dill, the creaminess from the feta, and the tart lemony dressing all made for a delightful salad. A surprising part of the recipe was the raw zucchini, which was pliable after marinating in the dressing. I did not find it necessary to mix it honey. Why mess with perfection? I would definitely make this again. —Samantha R
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 small fennel bulbs, shaved
- 2/3 cup chopped dill
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Sea salt
- 5 handfuls arugula
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Combine the zucchini, fennel, and dill in a bowl and toss with the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve the salad, put the arugula in a large bowl and add the zucchini-fennel mixture and top with the remaining dressing. Toss until combined and then taste. Adjust to your liking; if it is too tart add a drizzle of honey.
- Top with the pine nuts and feta and serve.