If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cold days equal warm bowls of soup, such as this delicious & easy Garlic and Potato Cream Soup that you can make it just 15 minutes. —VibrantPlate
- 1 onion
- 1 head garlic cloves
- 3-4 medium size potatoes
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 pinch salt, pepper to taste
- pinches thype (opitional)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- handfuls fried onions for topping (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (or non-dairy alternative)
- olive oil
- Peel and dice your onion and potatoes. Crush garlic, peel, and thinly slice.
- In a pot, heat up a tablespoon of olive oil. Add chopped onions and gently fry until translucent. Add garlic and stir-fry for a minute, then add diced potatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and let it cook on low for about 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- While the soup is simmering, heat a pan, toss in a handful of pine nuts and let it toast, stirring often. Make sure the nuts don't burn. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Wash red bell pepper, and dice into small pieces.
- When the potatoes are cooked, use a stick blender and puree the soup into a thick cream. Taste the soup and if needed, add salt & pepper to taste. Pour into bowls, add a spoon of sour cream (or non-dairy alternative) and top with toasted pine nuts, finely chopped red bell peppers, fried onions, thyme leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.