If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are always experimenting with different pastas that do not have a tomato base, as Mom hates cooked tomatoes. This pasta came together on a rainy night with what we had in the crisper. The little ones have been enthusiastic about eating Zucchini, so perhaps we over bought, hoping to strike while the new taste affection was hot. This was a way to use up the last lonely one! By using fresh pasta, the only thing that you are really waiting on is the zucchini to soften and brown, whereby making this a twenty minute supper. The combo of lemon, Parmesan, and garlic is classic and adding a hint of vinegar adds a layer of flavor to this quick cooking sauce. Enjoy!
*This pasta is great also with no pasta at all! Use a spiralizer or a mandoline to cut the Zucchini into noodles or ribbons. Use 3 large Zucchini if omitting the pasta. Follow recipe for sauce just omitting the Zucchini from the sauce. Blanch them in the boiling water until al dente and finish the same way. —Rebecca and Ruth
- 1 packet fresh linguini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Begin boiling water for linguini.
- In a large sauté pan add butter and Olive oil on medium high heat. When butter begins to foam, add garlic and zucchini. Add first ½ tsp salt. When the veggies begin to brown add your pasta to the water to cook.
- Add spinach, lemon zest, lemon juice and vinegar along with the rest of the sale to the zucchini and stir until spinach wilts. Add two ladles of pasta water and stir until water thicken slightly.
- When pasta is cooked add to vegetables and mix, adding in the cheese. If you need a little more pasta water, add now.
- Serve with extra cheese.