If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spinach with garlicky naan that's chopped up and roasted until crispy, creamy burrata, toasty walnuts, tomatoes and shallots —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
Serves 2 as main course or 4 as side dish
- 3 ounces naan or pita bread, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 pound spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces burrata, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the naan or pita bread and smashed garlic with ½ Tbsp olive oil. Spread on one side of a baking sheet, spread the walnuts on the other. Place in oven and bake until golden and toasty, about 10-12 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium high, then add the shallot and cook until it just starts to crisp up, about 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper and cook until tomatoes soften, another 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, and honey and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove pan from heat and add the spinach, tossing until coated and just beginning to wilt. Mix in the toasted naan or pita, and walnuts. Transfer to a plate, top with torn burrata and chives and serve immediately.