Author Notes: No one wants to be in the kitchen while everyone is enjoying the party. This open house dish takes so little effort with such a gourmet result. Happy Holidays! —Table9
Serves: a crowd
Loaf of French Bread, Cut into 1" Rounds and Each Slice Brushed with Olive Oil
ounces Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, Tossed with 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Jar Blackberry Farm Fig Preserves
Large Shallots, Thinly Sliced
tablespoons Rice Flour
tablespoon Good Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl toss the shallots in rice flour and olive oil. Spread shallots evenly on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the shallots are crisp. Lightly salt and let cool.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees. Place bread rounds on a baking sheet and lightly toast. Remove and set aside.
- Set up an assembly line: bread rounds, fig preserves, gorgonzola and shallots. Spread the preserves on the toasted bread rounds, sprinkle with gorgonzola and then top with crispy shallots.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish