Author Notes: This recipe is from a vegetarian print-maker I used to work with. Add as much spinach and mushrooms as you like. Remember they will wilt/shrink down. I love them both so I will tend to add a little more. I hope you like it as much as I do. —Holstein83
Mushroom tortellini (enough pre-made fresh containers for (1) jar of pasta sauce)
Jar of Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo pasta sauce
ounces Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
Bag of Baby Spinach
tablespoon Olive Oil
Cloves of Garlic, Minced
cup Red Wine (Dry preferred, nothing sweet)
S & P to Taste
Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Grated or Shaved (Optional)
- Boil water to cook tortellini per manufacturer's instructions. Add tortellini when ready etc...
- While water is heating, heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add garlic and mushrooms. Saute for about (5) minutes until mushrooms become tender and begin to sweat. Stir frequently.
- Add red wine, stir.
- Immediately add spinach but do not stir. Allow the steam from the red wine to wilt the spinach for about 2-3 minutes than stir.
- Add jar of sauce and stir. Let simmer. Add S&P to taste.
- Stir in cooked tortellini and serve. Top with grated fresh parmesan (optional) and cracked pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms