Five Two Essential Cookware
“The only saucepan you need”—Florence Fabricant, The New York Times. Read her review here. Our cookware is the result of decades of kitchen know-how, feedback from thousands of members of our community of home cooks, and countless rounds of testing to get it all right (see: stay-cool, non-slip handles, rivetless interiors, and built-in strainers). And because we know you need options, we rounded out our collection with both ceramic and stainless styles. They’re true workhorses that cover all your bases in a single, cohesive—and absolutely beautiful—design.
We’ve added tons of features you’ll only find here:
- Fully clad, tri-ply stainless steel construction: Each design is an ultra-sturdy 3mm thick with a stable base, thanks to two layers of stainless steel plus a highly conductive aluminum core that heats up evenly (no hot spots).
- Rivet-free, the way to be: Welded-on handles make for an easy-to-clean interior—no buildup, no gunk—and a seamless, modern look.
- Stay-cool, non-slip handles: A “V” shape at the base lets air circulate, while the textured, stonewashed finish and gentle curvature feel great in-hand.
- Made with clean, non-toxic materials: Thanks to the diamond-infused ceramic coating—made from sand!—our two nonstick options are non-toxic and will never blister or peel (unlike traditional nonstick). Diamond reinforcement adds durability, but also allows for superior browning (it is roughly 4x more conductive than copper).
- Anti-yellowing technology: We treated each piece with color-stable technology, an all-over heat-resistant application that prevents discoloration and keeps your cookware looking brand-new.
- Glass lids...but better: 57% of our community members asked for them—so we made ours in tempered glass. They’re lightweight, tight-fitting, and oven- safe up to 390°F, plus they let you keep an eye on the action without releasing heat and moisture. And yes, that’s a built-in strainer right there on the lip of the stock pot and saucepan.
Photography by Rocky Luten, Ty Mecham
Details & Materials +-
Ultra-thick 3mm tri-ply stainless steel with aluminum core | Solid-cast stainless handles with stonewashed finish | Diamond-infused ceramic coating (Toxin-free: no PTFE, PFOA, PFAS, lead, or cadmium.) | Felt Pan protectors (included with any nonstick.)
10” Ceramic Skillet: 10”D x 1.75”H x 18”L (with handle), Handle: 8”; Body 2.8lbs.
12” Covered Skillet (Ceramic or Stainless): 12”D x 2”H x 19.75”L (with handle), Handle: 7.75”, Lid: 12”D x 2.5”H; Body 3.4lbs, lid 2lbs.
2.7QT Saucepan: Holds 2.7QT exactly. 8”D x 3.75”H x 15.25”L (with handle), Handle: 7”, Lid: 8”D x 2”H; Body 2.7lbs, lid 1lb.
4QT Sauté Pan: 10”D x 3”H x 20”L (with handle), Handle: 8.25”, Lid: 10”D x 2”H; Body 3.8lbs, lid 1.5lbs.
6QT Stock Pot: 9.75”D x 5.25”H x 13.25”L (with handle), Lid: 9.75”D x 2.75”H; Body 4.9lbs, lid 1.4lbs.
Psst! The lid of the 4QT sauté also is also designed to fit the 10” ceramic skillet for added convenience.
The 10” + 12” Ceramic Skillet Set comes with: 10” Ceramic Skillet with Pan Protector and 12" Covered Ceramic Skillet with Lid and Pan Protector.
The 10" Ceramic + 12" Covered Stainless Skillet Set comes with: 10" Ceramic Skillet with Pan Protector and 12" Covered Stainless Skillet with Lid.
The 7-piece Core Set comes with: 10” Ceramic Skillet with Pan Protector, 4QT Sauté Pan with Lid, 2.7QT Saucepan with Lid, and a 6QT Stock Pot with Lid.
The 11-piece Complete Set comes with: 10” Ceramic Skillet with Pan Protector, 12” Covered Ceramic Skillet with Lid and Pan Protector, 12” Covered Stainless-Steel Skillet with Lid, 4QT Sauté Pan with Lid, 2.7QT Saucepan with Lid, and a 6QT Stock Pot with Lid.
Care & Notes +-
Compatible with all cooktops, including induction. Oven and broiler safe to 600°F (Lids are oven- safe up to 390°F). Ceramic pans are safe in the oven, but we strongly recommend using only low to medium heat on the stovetop in order to better preserve their nonstick properties. Ceramic pans must always be used with oil or butter, too. Avoid cooking sprays and burning oil—over time, they can damage the coating and decrease the nonstick properties.
Each pan, pot, and lid can be tossed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning or hand-washed in warm, soapy water. (While our ceramic pan is dishwasher-safe, we recommend hand-washing to keep it looking its best.) Let the pieces you’ve cooked with come to room temperature before rinsing—a cold shock can cause hot surfaces to warp.
To get rid of build-up, fill the pot or pan with hot, soapy water and let it sit on a dry surface. Then scrub it down with the soft side of a sponge. Avoid steel wool, steel scouring pads, and harsh detergents. To remove any interior hard water or rainbow heat tint stains (which can happen to any stainless steel pans), let some diluted white vinegar (equal parts water to vinegar) sit in the pan and wipe clean.
Try not to stack pots and pans directly on top of one another—it’s a recipe for scraped edges. Instead, hang them (psst: there are cutouts on the handles!) or stack with a soft cloth in between each piece. Our ceramic pans come with a felt pan protector for this very reason.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Plus crispy, smoky chickpeas for a little contrast.
Thanks to a Genius ingredient switcheroo.
Five Two Essential Cookware
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top Story30 Fall Dinner Ideas to Warm Your Soul & Fill Your Belly
So Hot Right Now
Off-Script With SohlaChicken & Rice, However the Heck You Want, a la Sohla El-Waylly