If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Everything you wanted to know about everyone's favorite fruit.
For those of you who believe bacon makes everything better, I'm here to remind you that it is, in fact, avocado that makes everything -- from toast to salad to chocolate mousse to eggs -- infinitely better. This buttery, versatile fruit is capable of so much more than guacamole (and we've got a recipe contest to prove it). Before you run out to the store to stock up on avocados, read these links.
- The smartest way to cut an avocado. (Bon Appétit.)
- Brush up on your knowledge of nature's butter. (Food52.)
- Here's how to use a chef's knife to remove that pesky pit. (The Kitchn.)
- Look beyond the Hass and learn about lesser-known avocado varieties. (Saveur.)
- And because we can't resist talking about guacamole, here's a recipe for the best version you'll ever make, with a side of science. (Serious Eats.)
Avocado aficionados -- what are your favorite ways to eat avocados? Share with us in the comments!