If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Inspired by conversations on the Food52 Hotline, we're sharing tips and tricks that make navigating all of our kitchens easier and more fun.
Today: You're likely going to buy some kale in January. Here are the best things to do with it.
Whether you're working on a very green resolution or you're simply trying to counteract a month-long sugar cookie hangover, January is a good time for kale. Once you buy a few bunches, make sure you know how to prep and cook them:
- Prep it right -- and don't forget to wash and dry it well.
- Don't throw your kale stems away -- here's how to use them up.
- First things first: Learn to sauté your kale.
- Kale salads aren't over -- they were never over! Here's how to perfect yours.
- Challenge yourself to eat kale for dinner all week. (Huge spoiler alert: It's actually quite easy.)
- Have we mentioned that kale salads aren't over? Here are 12 more.
- Turn it into pesto.
- If you've never made one of Food52's most popular recipes of all time, hop on the bandwagon: Make some Kale and Quinoa Pilaf.