If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
There are so many great conversations on the Hotline—it's hard to choose a favorite. But we'll be doing it, once a week, to spread the wealth of our community's knowledge—and to keep the conversation going.
Today: Need a simple yet substantive party dish to kick off the spring season? Read on.
Spring has sprung! And so have your dinner parties. It’s warming up during the days, but the nights are still cool—perfect weather for a bowl of soup. (And, might we suggest, a grilled cheese sandwich?) A Food52er tweeted at @Food52Hotline looking for recommendations for a springy soup to kick off the party season, and, as always, you came through with lovely, seasonal suggestions.
- Hardlikearmour recommends Eleven Madison Park’s Strawberry Gazpacho or Creamy Spring Turnip Soup with Wilted Radish Greens and Bacon.
- Stephanie says, “To me, spring is about the fresh/green flavor,” and suggests Anna Thomas’ Green Soup, Crab Asparagus Noodle Soup, or Cream of Asparagus with Yogurt and Tarragon.
- Slice of Life likes Ina Garten’s Spanish Pea Soup with Crispy Ham.
- Creamtea likes a Vichyssoise for spring.
- Healthline suggests a red lentil soup or a soup with spring peas and rice.
- Nancy would serve a Creamy Sorrel Soup, either hot or cold, and notes it “would go well in a spring menu including salmon and rhubarb.”
What are your favorite soups for spring? Tell us in the comments.
First photo by Mark Weinberg, all others by James Ransom