Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this week.
- Erinmcdowell taught us to make Mexican tortas—without a recipe.
- We learned that our Contributing Editor and Writer Lindsay-Jean Hard loves gin, Japan, and cooking with scraps.
- We swooned over the minimalist wedding of Michael Mosca and his husband David Melançon.
- We fêted Bastille Day with classic omelettes for dinner.
- Pastry chef Joanne Chang convinced us that we should try baking with less sugar.
- Even our rosé skeptic fell hard for dark rosé.
- Posie Harwood guided us through tricky dinner party seating arrangements.
- We learned what a spurtle is—and why we should love it.
- We were inspired to eat our way along Florida's Highway 30A.
- Melissa Clark told us about chef whispering on our latest episode of Burnt Toast.
- We found an ice cream-cake we love so much we want to shout it from the rooftops.
- Nik Sharma of A Brown Table taught us how to stock an Indian pantry.
- We (armchair-)traveled Berkeley vibe by vibe.
- Yossy Arefi made one hal-a-vah babka.
- Our office designer, Brad Sherman, shared tips for how to make your office cozier (even if your office is a cubicle).
- We bugged out over these recipes in honor of Clueless's 20th anniversary.
- We remembered one of our longtime community members by cooking her recipes for dinner tonight.
Photo of torta and table setting by James Ransom; illustration of rosé by Lara Odell; photos of cake and office by Mark Weinberg
Which articles stood out to you this week? Share them in the comments—and have a great weekend!