We partnered with Food Should Taste Good to share our favorite recipes to pair with your weekend adventures (and a playlist to take along too). Today, it's dips to snack on in between dips in the ocean.
You're headed to the beach—lucky you! We're jealous, to say the least, of the waves and sunshine you'll soon be surrounded by. And of all the beachy foods best eaten while sitting on a towel and trying to avoid ingesting sand.
But wait, what do you pack? Let's go with Middle Eastern. Spice and sand just make sense (especially alliteration-wise). We're thinking muhammara and baba ganoush, and it'd also be wise to make room in your cooler for hummus sandwiches, minty kale salad, and sautéed dates. Here's the full menu:
- How Do I Love Thee Muhammara? by Kitchen Butterfly
- Baba Ganoush by Jodi Moreno
- Sautéed Zucchini with Mint, Basil, and Walnuts by Marian Bull
- Lacinato Kale and Mint Salad with Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette by dymnyo
- Roasted Potato Salad with Mustard-Walnut Vinaigrette by Shannon
- Smoky Tempeh and Hummus Sandwiches by Gena Hamshaw
- Watermelonade by Merrill Stubbs
- Renee Erickson's Sautéed Dates by Genius Recipes
Of course, surf and sand are that much better with a lineup of get-on-island-time music, so here's your beach day playlist:
Photos by Alpha Smoot, James Ransom, and Mark Weinberg
Food Should Taste Good Lime chips are made with real lime juice and sea salt—and make a good companion to this muhammara. We're packing them up for all of our weekend adventures, so see all of their tortilla chips here.