If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
When we launched our (Not)Recipes app, we did it with the goal of generating kitchen inspiration in a new way—or, well, in the way we usually cook: without a recipe.
We've been inspired by how you've been cooking on the app every day since then. You've taught us how to tend to sourdough starters, to hack kitchen tools, to grow microgreens in old strawberry cartons, to make giraffe-inspired (!) bread. It doesn't get much better than giraffe-inspired bread.
But we also knew our app could get even better, so our mighty app team of one has been hard at work on new features ever since (he also welcomed a child into the world at the same time—he's been busy!).
- Search by ingredient. Found a baggie of last spring's rhubarb in the freezer, and don't know quite what to do with it? Search "rhubarb" and borrow some ideas from the community. Someday, we'll be able to search in other ways too, but we felt being able to search for one star ingredient would be the most helpful feature to start with (that we could bring you the fastest).
- Link, link, link. Cooking doesn't always happen in a straight line. Maybe you tried out one pie dough recipe, but got the inspiration for the filling someplace else, and then you used a super-helpful step-by-step guide to roll out the dough. You can share the links to all of those different sources right in your post.
- See who favorited your (Not)Recipes. Look at you, racking up all those ❤s on your cooking! Until now, you couldn't check at anytime if one of them came from Nigella Lawson—now, you can. (Don't forget to return the favor!)
- Regret nothing. Sometimes we make typos, or forget ingredients, or choose the photo that doesn't show off our steamed artichoke's best side. Now (by popular demand!) you can delete the (Not)Recipes that you want to do over. And stay tuned—someday, you'll be able to edit (Not)Recipes, too.
- (Not)Recipes, meet iPad. For those who like to cook with an iPad by their side, our app now looks a whole lot spiffier on them and multi-tasks with other apps at the same time.
Your feedback is crucial! Keep it coming, and we'll keep making (Not)Recipes better and better.