Do you also carry fresh tomatoes as gently as you would a newborn? Then the last thing either of us want is to crush those pretty 'maters into tomato water (though that's good when intentional).
No matter how much you just want to dig in to that tomato, prepping it with care ensures that your safe-keeping wasn't for nothing.
There's a great bunch of sound advice on the topic all over this fine site. We've compiled some of our most helpful tips and instruction for you—and, yes, for ourselves—here:
- How to core your tomato.
- Three ways to peel it.
- How to get those seeds out.
- How to grate it and then make Pan Con Tomate.
- Or crush them—by hand! It's so fun.
- For big tomatoes, slice it one of two ways.
- For little dudes, there's a great trick for slicing them.
- The somewhat definitive guide on storing whole tomatoes.
- And how to save the sliced ones for later, too.
- Plus, a little trick for keeping them fresher.
Do you have any nifty tips for treating tomatoes with TLC? Share with us in the comments!