You've made it to Friday, which means it's time to treat yourself to a roundup of links we love. Go ahead, procrastinate a little.
With the Kentucky Derby and Cinco de Mayo slated for this weekend, you might feel torn between making deviled eggs and tacos. But why pick a side? Combine forces and throw a Derby Fiesta. After all, the two holidays have more in common than you'd think -- both require you to don wide-brimmed hats and drink cold, alcoholic beverages. Holidays, unite! Just read these links first.
- Win over everyone (kids, especially) with this tutorial for cheesy, crispy quesadillas.
Mint juleps are non-negotiable on Derby Day. Start crushing ice now.
- For your juleps, quality bourbon is key.
- Speaking of guacamole, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about avocados.
- Not a fan of margaritas? Make horchata.
- A Derby Day party menu to cover all of your Southern food and drink bases.