When you think of a weeknight meal, tuna burgers and and a miso cabbage salad may not be what comes to mind. However, we think that's exactly the reason it should be your dinner tonight. These dishes combine to make a meal full of bright, zippy flavors that will leave you perfectly satisfied on a Monday (or any) night.
Click through on the recipe photos or titles to see (and save and print) the full recipes, but we've also written you a handy grocery list and game plan below.
We're assuming that you already have eggs, grapeseed (or other neutral) oil, mayonnaise, garlic, and soy sauce on hand. If not, you'll be needing those things, too!
1. Chop the tuna, mince the ginger, and slice the scallions, then mix them all together with the egg. Season with salt and pepper and form into 6 loose patties. Cover and refrigerate them for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, finely slice the cabbage and carrots for the salad. Mix up the salad dressing and the spicy, gingery mayonnaise for the burgers while you're at it.
3. Sear off the tuna burgers in a large, nonstick pan.
4. Almost there! Toss the cabbage, carrots and sesame seeds together with the dressing.
5. Plate burgers next to a generous pile of crunchy cabbage slaw, and serve!
A New Way to Dinner, co-authored by Food52's founders Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs, is an indispensable playbook for stress-free meal-planning (hint: cook foundational dishes on the weekend and mix and match ‘em through the week).