🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Quick Braised Sirloin with Horseradish Sauce

19eb1dc7 433a 4758 87d6 81e592d181cd  braised sirloin with horseradish

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Quick Braised Sirloin with Horseradish Sauce" from thirschfeld. It says:

"Cook another 10 to 15 minutes and then remove the steak to a warm platter. Turn the heat to high and reduce the pan sauce to thicken it. " Panic! You used the term "Braised" in the title, and in this step, you do not indicate to cover the pan (which is what I think of when I think of braise...) in this step. I am not because your procedures are always spot on. Am I right to leave it uncovered? I am thinking yes because of the crust on the pan seared sirloin. It may not matter in the slightest as The Husband is lathering at the scent.

asked by marynn almost 6 years ago

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

Quick braised. The sirloin steak should be plenty tender and in no need of an extended braise. So yes reduce the sauce and serve. If you need more time remove the steak let it rest turn the heat off and wait till your ready. If you think the steak may not be as tender as you want slice a 1/16 piece off the edge and give it a go. Not tender enough cook it longer.