🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Quick Braised Sirloin with Horseradish Sauce

19eb1dc7 433a 4758 87d6 81e592d181cd  braised sirloin with horseradish

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Quick Braised Sirloin with Horseradish Sauce" from thirschfeld. It says:

"Cook another 10 to 15 minutes and then remove the steak to a warm platter. Turn the heat to high and reduce the pan sauce to thicken it. " Panic! You used the term "Braised" in the title, and in this step, you do not indicate to cover the pan (which is what I think of when I think of braise...) in this step. I am not because your procedures are always spot on. Am I right to leave it uncovered? I am thinking yes because of the crust on the pan seared sirloin. It may not matter in the slightest as The Husband is lathering at the scent.

asked by marynn almost 6 years ago

I hope it came out well. I supposed 'Quick Simmered....with Pan Sauce' may have been a better title.