I have 2 Beef Tenderloin Roasts.

One is 4.45 pounds the other is 4.04 pounds. They are both trimmed. Can I cook them together putting one in a little bit longer for those who want med rare? Should they be tied? How long and at what temperature? Thanks.

asked by Pam O'Flynn-Augusto almost 7 years ago

This is what gives me best success for roasting beef tenderloin
For roasting:
Let beef stand at room temperature 1 hour before roasting. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F. Rub beef all over with oil; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cracked peppercorns, pressing to adhere. Return beef to rack on baking sheet and roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125°F for medium-rare (135°F to 140°F in thinnest part), about 30 minutes. Remove roast from oven and let rest 15 minutes.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com...

Regarding tying, if they aren't an even thickness I would tie. Hope this helps!