🔕 🔔

How long should I roast a 2lb beef tenderloin? I usually cook a larger one and set the oven at 450...

asked by Lizthechef over 7 years ago

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

If it's a typical one, the thickness will be pretty uniform regardless of weight (more weight just means it's longer.) So, I find the timing doesn't vary much. I'd base it on your usual cooking time for the degree of 'done-ness' you like and just check the internal temp with an instant read thermometer a bit earlier than you would with a larger one. Hope that makes sense.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I would guess not for long at that temp. ;-) I bet that was immensely helpful.

Here's a yummy sounding Gourmet recipe, for example: http://www.epicurious.com...

Have a happy Christmas Liz!