🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cider Brined Pork with Calvados, Mustard and Thyme

01da4fea ca10 4586 9ad5 fc162d69f2b6  112309f 684

I would like to make this with pork tenderloin. Would I still need to brine it?

asked by mimi3 over 5 years ago

7de1be53 97f2 4599 9d8c 718bbeec2110  steve dunn02

It's not absolutely necessary, but because there is so little fat in a tenderloin it benefits even more from the brining. Hope you enjoy it, brining or not.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

I'm assuming that this is Oui, Chef's recipe so I will defer to him. Here, I think the brine works almost like a marinade. The tenderloin is comparatively thin strip of lean meat and benefits from whatever additional flavor you can introduce. Lately I've been fooling around with internal brines but strictly with larger primal cuts with large meat mass; rib roast, tri tip, even turkey.