🔕 🔔

What's the best way to keep a turkey warm for about 3 hours after carving, without drying it out, or ruining the crispy skin?

asked by Scott P. almost 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I would hold off carving the turkey until you're ready to serve it -- the turkey will hold its heat better if left whole. 15 minutes before the turkey is done cooking, I'd turn off the oven and leave the turkey in it. This way it will finish cooking and also keep warm in the oven.

Thanks!

I agree I do let the turkey rest for about an hour. I was just wondering if I might be able to put my oven roasted turkey (when done) in a gas grill on warm to free up the oven and counter space.