Best dishes to freeze?

I'm stocking my freezer for returning to work after maternity leave. So far I have: quiche, lasagna, stuffed shells, chicken enchiladas, pulled pork, taco soup, chili, and mac and cheese. What else?

asked by Megan,Tremer almost 7 years ago

A question similar to this was asked a week ago and there were some good answers.
http://www.food52.com/hotline...

Shepherd's pie, chicken soup/stew, bolognese, minestrone or pasta e fagioli, brisket!

Megan,Tremer

Thanks! Sorry for the repost - new and hadn't discovered the search feature.

Happens all the time. Someday soon we hope to suggest questions similar to yours as you type!

Beef & Chicken Stew - maybe leave out potatoes, so they don'yt become mealy. Secret Ingredient Stew recipe on this site is delicious. Also, comfort foods like cottage or shepards pie. I love to freeze soups and add some bread and/or salad. If you're not adverse to frozen sides or meals, Trader Joe's carries wild rice medley (frozen) and pre-cooked french lentils that keep for a long time in the fridge.

Also, make some slow cooker recipes. Frozen meatballs make quick pasta and sandwich meals, and hamburgers!