A question about a recipe: Pear and Cranberry Cake

Eca53719 9cf2 4d36 8bb2 a85372853dfe  dsc 1715

I have a question about the ingredient "wheat germ" on the recipe "Pear and Cranberry Cake" from cristinasciarra.

Is there a substitution for the wheat germ? I don't know where to buy this in Holland.
Thanks!

asked by vero over 6 years ago

You could probably use the equivalent amount of either ground oats or almond meal -- the flavors would be slightly different, but I think the texture of both of those would work.

vero

I'll try it with the almond meal, have some from making macarons. Thank you for your quick reply!

Ground flax seed could be another possibility.

Kaycita

I just made it with ground flax and it turned out great! Thanks for the idea, susan g!

Try looking for 'tarwekiem' in a store that sells organic foods. That should not be difficult to find in the Netherlands.

Grind up a couple of granola bars.