A question about a recipe: Seared Salmon with Cinnamon and Chili Powder

4afa9544 100a 4a74 a9df 389bf78ca6b8  2016 0218 seared salmon with cinnamon and chili powder mark weinberg 185

So, this may be a dumb question, but do you eat the skin too? I usually remove it when I make salmon...

asked by erinrae almost 7 years ago

Yes, you do. But if you don't like the skin, you can remove it.

erinrae

Thanks! Can't wait to try this!

bigpan

If the skin on any fish is seared correctly, it is a delight. I sear fish skin side down on a hot pan. When the skin is crisp (not burnt), finish in the oven until a nice moist medium rare. Where I live there are many sushi restaurants that have special skin only nori rolls.

Ophelia

I tend to eat the skin, most of the fat is up against it and it tastes really good. Even if I didn't eat the skin I would cook it with the skin as it's hard to remove before cooking and very easy once it's crispy, it also keeps the flash from getting dry on that side of the fillet.