🔕 🔔

How do you make the perfect crispy turkey skin?

asked by @MissEsperanzaa over 7 years ago

Rinse the turkey and pat dry inside and out. Salt liberally (pepper too if you like) with Kosher salt inside and out. Place on a rack over a tray and refigerate, uncovered, overnight. This is also a form of dry brining and will help keep the turkey moist.

Also you can use convection oven if you have one.

Another method is to use a high heat cooking with an unstuffed bird.http://www.nytimes.com...

Hey, Nutcakes, if you do the dry brining, will that make the pan drippings really salty? I'm still trying to figure out which way I'm going to cook a small turkey this year . . . I most likely will roast it, but not sure of what prep techniques I'll use. Thanks. ;o)